When Charlene Wittstock, former Olympic swimmer, grew to become Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco in 2011 she wore a bespoke robe by Giorgio Armani. “The concept was to go for a totally trendy look, with out an apparent sense of nostalgia or revivalism,” Armani solely instructed Vogue. “I felt this was acceptable provided that there would inevitably be comparisons with Princess Grace, and although such comparisons are in fact an indication of admiration, every particular person has their very own particular person and distinctive type, and magnificence is an expression of the occasions.” The costume took 2,500 hours to create, together with 700 hours for the embroidery alone, and featured 40,000 Swarovski crystals, 20,000 mom of pearl teardrops and 30,000 stones in gold shades. The costume was made up of 50 metres of duchesse silk, and 80 metres of silk organza – and even the veil was a murals, encompassing 20 metres of silk tulle taking 100 hours to embroider.
You may also like
About the author
- 10 Easy DIY Swimming Trunk Patterns For All Of The Boys In Your Life
- 30 Cool DIY Tech Equipment You By no means Knew You Wanted Till Now
- 22 Straightforward DIY Large Flooring Pillows and Cushions That Are Enjoyable And Enjoyable
- 25 Attractive DIY Summer time Wreaths You Can Make With Greenback Retailer Provides
- #CNI Lux Day 2: Philipp Plein On The Language Of Showmanship