Spring in three words? Feel good fashion. Phoebe Philo summed up the beatific mood: “If there is anything to say at the moment, let it be with love. Let it be joyful.” That translated literally as clothes to party in – sparkles, tassles, feathers – and to wiggle in – pencil skirts, sheer layers, fantastic plastics. But it also seeped into the sedentary staples which form the foundations of our wardrobes: trench coats, denim, slip dresses – all souped up via ingenious hems and washes and embellishments, having morphed into über versions of themselves. The other big story? Designers sticking to their guns. Having carved out an instantly recogniseable aesthetic – see Gucci, Balenciaga, Dolce & Gabbana – the tactic for many designers was delivered with a shrug: ‘Why mess with success?’ Still, even they know an injection of newness is always welcome. That wonderful confluence of timing, mood and coincidence produced numerous patterns that emerged in New York, grew in London, blossomed in Milan and exploded in Paris. Here are the ten trends from spring/summer 2018 you need to know.
You may also like
About the author
- 25 Simple Embroidery Tasks For Novices With Free Patterns
- 25 Lovable DIY Child Mobiles That Add Appeal To Your Nursery
- 20 Simple DIY Pot Holders And Oven Mitts You Want In Your Kitchen – With Free Patterns
- 10 Easy DIY Swimming Trunk Patterns For All Of The Boys In Your Life
- 30 Cool DIY Tech Equipment You By no means Knew You Wanted Till Now