Throughout her career, 75-year-old American artist Lynda Benglis has experimented with unconventional materials in her work, exploring ideas of femininity and masculinity; nature and form. She is perhaps best known for her use of latex, which she would pour directly on to the floor creating large, lava-like sculptures. In 1974 the art provocateur caused controversy when she photographed herself nude for Artforum. At Frieze Masters, head to Thomas Dane which will be exhibiting some of her most significant works, including photographs and films as well as sculpture. Benglis will also give a talk as part of the Frieze Masters talks programme on Thursday 5.
You may also like
About the author
- 22 Straightforward DIY Large Flooring Pillows and Cushions That Are Enjoyable And Enjoyable
- 25 Attractive DIY Summer time Wreaths You Can Make With Greenback Retailer Provides
- #CNI Lux Day 2: Philipp Plein On The Language Of Showmanship
- Inside The Normal From Nature Exhibition
- Spring 2018 Nail Traits – Nail Artwork