Throughout her career, 75-year-old American artist Lynda Benglis has experimented with unconventional materials in her work, exploring ideas of femininity and masculinity; nature and form. She is perhaps best known for her use of latex, which she would pour directly on to the floor creating large, lava-like sculptures. In 1974 the art provocateur caused controversy when she photographed herself nude for Artforum. At Frieze Masters, head to Thomas Dane which will be exhibiting some of her most significant works, including photographs and films as well as sculpture. Benglis will also give a talk as part of the Frieze Masters talks programme on Thursday 5.
You may also like
About the author
- 25 Simple Embroidery Tasks For Novices With Free Patterns
- 25 Lovable DIY Child Mobiles That Add Appeal To Your Nursery
- 20 Simple DIY Pot Holders And Oven Mitts You Want In Your Kitchen – With Free Patterns
- 10 Easy DIY Swimming Trunk Patterns For All Of The Boys In Your Life
- 30 Cool DIY Tech Equipment You By no means Knew You Wanted Till Now