In a word association game “black velvet” and “Morticia Addams” will never be too far apart. See where this is going? Your Halloween costume, your Christmas soirée dress and your autumn fashion hit can all be neatly rolled into one purchase: a witchy velvet dress. Victoriana ruffles and lace inserts, plus hyper-razzle rhinestones and Eighties polka dots are all talking points – just keep the neckline high and the silhouette shapely for a new-season spin. Dress it up with white face paint and blood-red lips this Halloween – then break out the crystal earrings and chocolate-box satins when Christmas beckons. Shop Vogue‘s edit of the best velvet dresses to buy now – and wear ad infinitum.
You may also like
About the author
- 18 Simmering Potpourri Recipes To Make Your Dwelling Odor Heavenly
- 25 Simple Embroidery Tasks For Novices With Free Patterns
- 25 Lovable DIY Child Mobiles That Add Appeal To Your Nursery
- 20 Simple DIY Pot Holders And Oven Mitts You Want In Your Kitchen – With Free Patterns
- 10 Easy DIY Swimming Trunk Patterns For All Of The Boys In Your Life