Queen B has twice appeared at the Super Bowl. The first time, in 2013, she delighted the audience with a Destiny’s Child reunion, which saw her joined by former bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Her second performance took a more serious stance, when she took to the stage with Bruno Mars and Coldplay in 2016, and gave a strong political message with her then-new single, Formation. Her backing dancers, clad in black leather, were photographed after the performance posing with raised fists, reminiscent of the black power salute that Tommie Smith and John Carlos gave at the Olympic Games in 1968.
You may also like
About the author
- 18 Simmering Potpourri Recipes To Make Your Dwelling Odor Heavenly
- 25 Simple Embroidery Tasks For Novices With Free Patterns
- 25 Lovable DIY Child Mobiles That Add Appeal To Your Nursery
- 20 Simple DIY Pot Holders And Oven Mitts You Want In Your Kitchen – With Free Patterns
- 10 Easy DIY Swimming Trunk Patterns For All Of The Boys In Your Life